Sunday, April 28, 2013

SIMPLIFYING, LISTENING TO THE SOUL, AND GAINING HARMONY IN THE DANCE OF THE CONSCIOUS AND THE UNCONSCIOUS

Marion Woodman, Bone: Dying into Life (New York: Viking Compass, 2000) ("March 21, 1995  Simplifying becomes my total focus. I'm noting how anxious I become when I fail to simplify or cannot simplify because of what starts happening around me--phone, TV, letters, ad infinitum. I believe that failure to simplify could lead me back into cancer because I would lose touch with my life vibration--my tone that sustains my life force. In my hours with analysands, one of my strong points has been my capacity to filter irrelevancies, to listen for their essence. Yes, we blow out anger, jealousy, fear, knowing that negative energy brought to consciousness can transform into creative energy. However, searching for garbage in the psyche is no longer relevant when soul is living its essence--being seen, being heard. Anxiety is stripped away by concentrated listening and perceiving. Concentrated vision operating in all the senses is what I mean by simplifying." "The more I listen to my soul, the more clearly I hear the truth of other people, of animals, birds, the universe. A unified field! One clear melody--like the song of a cardinal--sings out, an everything else fades away. The simplifying happens. Real issues become clear. This is why Mozart's music is so important to me now. Like a clarion, a melody comes to me in its full spectrum and opens my full spectrum. The unimportant falls away. Healing happens. The music reestablishes the healthy frequency." "I must stay in touch with whatever keeps me focused on the still point--the place of exact harmony in body and psyche. Simplify life to the point where the dance can happen--the dance between consciousness and the unconscious. So long as I constantly allow other things to interfere, I will never find the moments in each day to reach those listening points of harmony--those seeing points of perception. Concentration that can focus on the moment must come first or the others do not follow. I tend to think I'll get everything in order then. That's not it. Listen to Mozart first, come into harmony first, then clutter will fall away unnoticed." "Clarification is very important now because I know the dance is not happening. The swans have flown into the sunset; Gypsy is alive. But consciousness and the unconscious are not dancing together. The unconscious is ready to step into life; consciousness knows I can move into health, but dares not leap into the unknown. I cannot walk." Id. at 237-238.).