Sunday, December 31, 2017

"DEATH IS A GREAT TEACHER!"

Michael A. Singer, The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself (Oakland: New Harbinger Publications/Noetic Books, 2007) ("Take a moment to look at the things you think you need. Look at how much time and energy you put into various activities. Imagine if you know you were going to die within a week or a month. How would that change things? How would your priorities change? How would your thoughts change? Think honestly about what you would do with your last week. What a wonderful thought to contemplate. Then ponder this question: If that's really what you would do with your last week, what are you doing with the rest of your time? Wasting it? Throwing it away? Treating it like it's not something precious? What are you doing with life? That is what death asks you. " Let's say you're living life without the thought of death, and the Angel of Death comes to you and says, 'Come, it's time to go.' You say, 'But no. You're suppose to give me a warning so I can decide what I want to do with my last week.' Do you know what Death will say to you? He'll say. 'My God! I gave you fifty-two weeks this past year alone. And look at all the other weeks I've given you. Why would you need one more? What did you do with all those?' If asked that what are you gong to say? How will you answer? 'I wasn't paying attention. . . I didn't think it mattered.' That's a pretty amazing thing to say about your life. "Death is a great teacher." Id. at 158-159.).